Thursday, April 15, 2010

Graduation Party Favor Bag


I need to make simple party favors about 100! Aaargh! Simple is the key word here. This bag is my first attempt. It was made using a Sizzix die and decorated with a lucky Japanese cat (Mari and Me) wearing a graduation cap (Dandelion Designs). The bag is dressed up with curly ribbons which are stapled on. Joy (Joy of Crafting) had the idea to use Flower Soft to make a flower texture for the lei and I think it's great....thanks, Joy. Although I don't know what will be in the bag, I don't think this is THE party favor. I'll keep searching for a better idea and test it out. I know that I want to keep the cost and construction time to a minimum. Maybe I'll surf the blogs and see something unique but easy. I'll look through magazines too for the perfect party favor solution. I have confidence that I will get it done....I WILL!

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hi Lynn,
This turned out so cute! I love the flower soft lei idea. I guess now I'll have to really try and make one too. I think this bag die is quite easy and fast to make. Good luck!

Aileen said...

The beautiful use of flower soft for lei and haku is exactly what I had in mind for this product. Did you use a separate orange and yellow shades or the AUTUMN MIX?