Friday, April 23, 2010

Pillow Boxes

No, these are not boxes for pillows but boxes shaped like pillows. They are die cut from 12x12 cardstock using the Sizzix XL pillow box die. On the orange one I used the Stampendous butterfly beauties clear stamp set and a glue ink pad. One color at a time, I sprinkled on Martha Stewart iridescent glitter (from the set), stamped again and added more glitter. Then I folded the box and taped it shut. After tying on the ribbon I put a spot of glue (Fabri-Tac) under the bow and glued on the K and Co. Berry Sweet grand adhesion butterfly sticker. The purple box was cut from a Bo Bunny Jazmyne Plush 12x12 cardstock. Because I felt that the cardstock was a little plain (even with the glittered flowers), I used an opaque white ink and stamped Stampendous clear stamp silhouette songbirds randomly on the die cut box before folding. The ribbon was embellished with a Poppy Seed K and Co. Grand Adhesion sticker. I like that these boxes can be used and reused because the ribbon doesn't need to be untied to open the box. A large sized chocolate bar fits perfectly in the box (with room to spare for other goodies) and so it would make a great party favor box. It would be a good idea to cut out lots of these boxes to have on hand for quickie gift wraps. In fact, that's what I plan to do tomorrow!

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Your boxes turned out very pretty Lynn! The glitter adds so much sparkle to the stamped images.

Anonymous said...

your boxes came out beautiful! thank you for the goodies!:)
~Regina