Thursday, June 3, 2010

Washi Paper Thank You Cards

Now that my son's graduation is history, it's time for him to write thank you notes. Usually when he has lots to write I just give him a box of store bought cards. However, I was in the mood to make some handmade cards. I was cleaning up my washi paper stash and came upon some sheets with a bit of foxing (reddish spots) but with usuable areas. Since my son's school colors are white, blue, and silver, I tried to use these colors on the thank you cards. I was also reorganizing my Asian rubber stamps and thought that the 'thank you ' character was very artistic. Keeping it simple I just silver embossed the design on blue paper and punched out the square. I am pleased with the simplicity of the design and that I made use of stuff I had forgotten about. Finding craft supplies hidden away is like discovering gold! It makes cleaning up fun. Happy treasure hunting!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Great usage of stuff you forgot about. I love when I come across things that I don't remember buying too.