Saturday, June 5, 2010

Dress Box Die

As soon as I saw this dress box die, I knew that I had to purchase it. It is such a unique shape and would be perfect for bridal shower favors, princess parties, proms, or even wedding favors. The die is one of the large ones that uses a 12x12 cardstock and a crease pad. The dress shapes (front and back) can be cut apart and used as tags or decorations for cards. I used the photo on the package for inspiration. Tuile netting and lace were taped on to the box with Merikan double stick tape. The paper rose is from a bag of multi-colored flowers that I found in the Ben Franklin Crafts wedding aisle. I used Jolee's crystals and heat tool to decorate the neckline of the dress. This product makes the work effortless and so much neater than using glue. Although not fully shown in my photo there is a lavender satin bow in the back of the box. Thank you for stopping by today and I hope that you'll visit this site again. Please leave a comment if you have the time.

6 comments:

Shirley N said...

What die is this? Beautifully done!

Cheryl said...

Isn't that a cute die? I enjoyed making one of those dress boxes too. So perfect for weddings and girly favors. I love how you added the tulle and crystals.

Anonymous said...

where did you get the dress box die at? I really would like to make these, thanks!

Unknown said...

656598
Sizzix Bigz Pro Die - Box, Dress

Unknown said...

656598
Sizzix Bigz Pro Die - Box, Dress

Unknown said...

perfect for my gran-daughters communion for favors....i just got me one. thanks for the idea ..I think it will be a hit.