Friday, June 11, 2010

For the Girly Girl

When I first designed the bracelet attached to this heart-shaped box, I was partially influenced by the Imaginisce printed cardstock. The bracelet was featured in one of my February posts and uses a sterling heart chain, heart clasp, and beaded purse charm (available for purchase from our website store, www.bfcraftclub.com ). Anyway, I just purchased this Sizzix heart box die and thought that the Imaginisce design would work well. I noticed that the sample in the photo on the Sizzix die package had a charm attached. I immediately thought of the bracelet that I made and tied it onto the box with a ribbon. Having the gift (the bracelet) on the outside of the box made an appealing decoration and would make it intriguing to the recipient.......so what could be on the inside she will wonder. You could of course put cash or a gift card in the box but I was thinking that a new shade of lipstick, a scarf, or perhaps some perfume would be perfect. If you don't have one of the large die cutting machines, start saving up now because the variety of shapes you can cut seems to expand everyday. Some of the large size boxes can be cut in one piece, requiring just a few tabs to tape shut so you can easily form dozens or hundreds for a party. Usually the gift dictates the packaging, but with this heart shape you will have fun finding just the right gift to go inside this sweet box and that will make it a very memorable gift. Thanks for visiting this blog site. I hope you enjoyed reading today's post and that you will return often.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

What a cute idea Lynn. So sweet to attach a bracelet to the front of the box. Hope you're having a wonderful weekend.