Sunday, August 1, 2010

Sad News


I returned home from my trips to learn the sad news that one of my friends had passed away. She left so quickly. Although not one of my closest friends, she was a one of those people who had a beautiful soul which made people want to be near her. I wish that I had a chance to say goodbye and tell her how much I cherished her friendship. Hug a friend today! The photo is of a simple sympathy card that I made for her family. I kept the design pretty and soft like my friend. On the inside I used the simple phrase, 'With Deepest Sympathy', because especially with this death I understand the significance of the words. Being a mom with children of the same age group, I can only imagine the heartbreak of losing a wife and parent so unexpectedly.

Crafting Tip: The lavender paper with the embeded leaves used for this card is quite fiberous so to achieve a deckle edge I placed the ruler where I wanted to tear and then wet along the ruler edge using water and a small paint brush. Holding the ruler down, it is a simple trick to rip exactly where you want to and yet acheive a natural deckled edge. A craft knife was used to cut the window. The skeleton leaf is available at Ben Franklin Crafts. I used a dotted This to That adhesive dispenser (three assorted dispensers to a pack). This dry adhesive tape won't wrinkle the delicate paper and adheres the leaf invisibly.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Oh Lynn, so sorry to hear the news about your friend. Please give my condolences to the family. May you always cherish the wonderful memories that you shared with your friend.