Saturday, August 7, 2010

Stand Up Thank You Card



My sister flew into Honolulu to attend my son's graduation party and of course she brought gifts from Washington for me. She's so thoughtful and generous so I wanted to make her a special thank you card. At his graduation party my son received a very beautiful handmade card. Maybe it's not new to most of you but I had never seen the format before. It was a clever standard-size card that unfolded into a free standing one. The graduation card color palette was white and green but my card is a bit busier with color. LOL! Using the Martha Stewart scoring board eliminated lots of the tedious measuring. The back panel of the graduation card held a small envelope containing a monetary gift. Since my card was a thank you note I attached a small note card in an envelope to the the back panel. I used one of the Studio G mini cards (6 in a pack for $1.25...what a deal!...includes envelopes too!). By folding the flap of the envelope inside and sliding the back of the card into the envelope, I created a special place to write my thank you message. To fancy up the card I stamped the front repeatedly with a favorite saying. The girl is a stamped, colored, and cut-out image from Hero Arts Cling stamps. Being too lazy to color the dress, I used a technique (stamp on printed paper, cut out dress, and paste) I learned from Cheryl (Life is Sweet). I didn't have a big enough scrap to make the background for the girl so I pieced it and covered the joint with a ribbon. Can you tell? I really wanted to use that particular paper because one of the gifts my sister gave me was a PJ set with teapots all over it. Notice the cute teeny button brads (Making Memories assorted package) I just bought them at BFC. Lastly, the butterfly sticker is a new one from K and Co. The photo doesn't show it, but the butterfly has irridescent acetate wings. Actually K and Co. has so many butterfly sticker selections that it was really hard for me to choose. I must have stood in front of the Ben Franklin Crafts sticker display for 20 minutes! LOL! I hope to get the card template on our website .....ah, soon....as soon as possible. (www.bfcraftclub.com)

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Love your card Lynn! I haven't tried this version yet but let me know when you have the instructions in the stores so I can get one. Have a great Monday!

Joy said...

Hi Lynn!

Cute card. I'm showing how to make it on the Septmeber show, but I added a little twist to it. OOOPS, I guess that's a sneak peek fro those of you who watch!LOL!