Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Finishing Up Halloween Gifts

As my Halloween crafting comes to an end and I move on to Thanksgiving, I thought I'd show you what I made after returning from last week's trip to the east and west coasts. The milk carton box with the scallop flap is a easily made with a Sizzix Pro Machine die and a 12x12 sheet of Bo Bunny cardstock. The window was made with a Nestible die and the cutout was used as the tag (embellished with a Bo Bunny sticker). Inside the box are some homemade treats (see photo below) packaged in a cello treat bag. The other treat box is a recycled container with a sticker decorated cover. Actually, I had some trouble getting the original label removed so I decided just to cover it up. The two Jelly Belly bags of candy were instantly made more classy with the use of scrap paper cut with a Nestible and embellished with Martha Stewart candy label stickers.
Here is what the treat boxes contain........dark chocolate dipped dried nectarines sprinkled with cashews. Using a Wilton chocolate melting pot (available at Ben Franklin Crafts), it's a snap to make these delicious and healthy treats. I hope you have the sweetest Halloween ever!!!!!!






4 comments:

Joy said...

Those look really yummy, Lynn!
Cute packaging you made, too! Happy Halloween!

kris said...

yummy yummies!!! anything chocolate dipped is thee best!! i believe i should invest in the melting pot for my personal use! hehe! TFS your yummy treats!! =D

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the sweet treats. Happy Halloween! :) Regina

Cheryl said...

Omg!!! That looks so delicious Lynn! Very cute ideas for the sweets.