Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Spooky Halloween Necklaces

For Halloween it's always fun to dress for the occasion. Even if it's just a single piece of jewelry you should wear something for the scariest day of the year.....Oct. 31st. Because the celebration lasts just one day and is purely for fun I don't spend a lot of time or money on my creations. Both
necklaces pictured here were finished in an hour. The focal pieces (the ravens and spider) were bargain bin finds. The cord for the spider necklace is a rubber tubing but you could use leather. I used black Artistic Wire to wire wrap the bead and spider to the cord. The bead and crystals on the necklaces help to give the pieces some sparkly blood red color. I search in garage sales and thrift store all year round for possible charms and pendants to use in my Halloween jewelry. Consider laminating Halloween stickers for bracelet charms or turning inexpensive Halloween themed metal buttons into pendants. Also by paying attention to details (notice the fun Blue Moon lock and key clasp) and keeping the colors Halloweenish (green and purple would be good, too) you will add to the charm of your spooky creation. Thank you for reading my blog. I hope it has been an enjoyable and inspirational stop in your blog surfing ride.







2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Omg Lynn! I love that lock and key necklace. So pretty!

Janis said...

I love the jewelry. They look so cute!!!