Friday, February 25, 2011

Second Glance

Sometimes after I make a project I want to try it again because I have another idea for a different look. Here's the decorated folder purse made using Little Yellow Bicycle paper and their sticker for a closure button. (See a previous post for the how-tos.) The only suggestion I have is to choose a paper that has a design that is not going in one direction (like this one) because then the back of the folder purse will have the design upside-down.


The next second glance project is the portable post-it note pad. In the previous project I did one for Girl's Day and this one is for Easter. (Click on the photo to see the details.) The chocolate rabbit is a button from a Dress It Up package. I used a flush cutter to snip off the shank but you could use a scissors. (Caution: Don't use your good scissors.) The grass was made using the Martha Stewart paper punch. If I had an oval punch (gotta get one) I would have used it for the egg instead of the circle. The word stamp is a Dandelion Design stamp from last year but there are lots of new ones at Ben Franklin Crafts. Finally, the cover is made from a piece of DCWV paper from the Nursery pack. I thought the sparkly dots looked very Eastery. Oh yes, instead of the lanyard hook that I used in the Girl's Day project (see previous post), I used a ball chain. (I happened to have a pink one but a gold or silver ball chain should not be hard to find.)

The next second glance project is the bag vase using the mini acrylic dots. Awhile ago I purchased the cute manicure tools sold at Ben Franklin Crafts (next to the cash register). I was planning to give them away as party favors but couldn't think of a way to fancy it up. More recently a sweet young lady gave me some Graphic 45 paper (brownish version) some of which had the same glamour girl look as the manicure tools. By framing just a small piece of the paper I was able to use it to cover up the Sierra Pacific label on the bag. I also added extra acrylic dots so that the manicure tools would stand up taller. The black and white version is actually the back of the vase which was made using a rubber stamp image and a fancy silver paper for framing. I think this version of the project would be great as wedding shower favors especially if you use a stamped wedding image.

























1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT! Thank you so much for all that you are and do. :) May God bless you & your day with lots of great ideas for crafting. LOL!
Regina :)