Saturday, February 5, 2011

Valentine Picture Frame






















This picture frame filled with a photo of a loved one would be a perfect gift to send in the mail because it can be flattened by removing the brads. It is also super easy to construct since the basic frame is cut using a Sizzix frame die and even the decorative paper was cut using the die. I only covered the front of the frame but you could do the whole frame. The bottom photo shows some of the essential supplies needed for this project. Bo Bunny produced two booklets of 6x6 Valentine papers this year, which are sold at Ben Franklin Crafts. I think you'll find that the package of K and Co. vintage-look Valentine die cuts are an invaluable craft embellishment, which will add instant charm to all your projects. Oh yes, the Sizzix frame die is for matboard or chipboard because any paper or cardboard that is too thin will not stand up and the die will cut completely through it. Also be sure that your brads are long enough to go all the way through the two thicknesses of chipboard. I had some perfect heart ones but they were just a little too short and I can't find my other Valentine brads so I'm off to Ben Franklin Crafts again. Hooray! Shopping!







2 comments:

Shirley N said...

Beautiful frame Lynn, even the brad in the back is pretty! What a wonderful gift this would be!

Cheryl said...

Another great die with many uses! My list is now getting longer! You have been very busy creating and giving me lots of ideas.