Saturday, April 9, 2011

Sizzix Easter Pop-up Tags


I had a bit of trouble with this pop-up tag die because it was missing the instructions. Maybe I'm just paper construction challenged. It took me awhile but if I could figure it out w/out instructions you will sure be able to do it. LOL! I'm sure that it really does have instructions. Anyway, I enjoyed making these cute tags because I love movable paper parts. The felt animals are Darice Felties which come in large packs and are very inexpensive at Ben Franklin Crafts. The 'Sweet Easter' words were stamped using a Studio G acrylic cling ($1.25) and the other words were made with a Dandelion Design wooden handled stamp. I cut the pop-up Easter eggs by hand and stamped one with a DD small rabbit stamp. The plastic chick is a button (Jesse James) with the shank cut off. I really love this Sizzix die because it's a fun way to add a handcrafted touch to a gift when you don't have the time to make an elaborate card. Enjoy the weekend and craft something that will give someone a smile!

5 comments:

Joy said...

Cute tags, Lynn, I was odering aout how these were made, keep checking out that die.

I'm not too good with reading instructions when it comes to crafts, I just want to start putting it together!

Shirley N said...

Oh no, not another die I'll want to buy, LOL! Love your pretty tags and your felt animals Lynn, cute!!!

Cheryl said...

Hi Lynn,
Well you did a fantastic job trying to figure it out! I have the instructions and will send them to you. You can also find it on the Sizzix.com website. All instructions for assembling dies are on the site too. Have a wonderful Sunday!!!

Linda said...

Very cute! I have this die but like many others, it sits unopened on my shelf. Thanks for reminding me that I have it! :-)

Cami said...

Lynn, I tell you, I had and still have trouble trying to figure this die-cut out! LOL! When I saw this post, I sasid I'd better comment on this because there weren't any instructions, just the pics on the back. Aaaaccckkkk! I still haven't figured it out...I think I put the inside piece together wrong. So, I pulled out this die again and will try again tonight! I'm like you...love 3-D or interactive things and I thought this tiny size was so cute! Wish me luck!!!
Cami