Sunday, November 6, 2011

Halloween in Japan

I'm back from Japan and I bet you didn't even know I was gone (LOL!) ...thanks to scheduled posts. My two weeks in Japan (Tokyo, Osaka, and Kyoto) went by quickly and I spotted some interesting craft trends. I also brought back ALL of Japan (so my husband claims) in twice the number of suitcases that I took to Japan. There were so many interesting craft products; I couldn't resist bringing back samples to figure out if I could replicate them. Anyway as I unpack and unwind, I thought you might enjoy these Halloween pictures taken on the Dohtombori Bridge in Osaka. (Yes, Japan teens are now dressing up for Halloween and the stores are decorated with jack-o-lanterns, spider webs, skeletons, etc. but they don't do trick-o-treating.) Okay, I'll get back to crafting and blog reading soon. I was able to comment on a few blogs while in Japan, but not able to connect to many. Ah, the family holiday season is coming soon!
It's time to craft, craft, craft!



6 comments:

Annette Allen said...

fun fun fun...

Creations by Shirl said...

Lynn - you sneaky thing....Wow, Japan how lucky! Love those pics you took, can't wait for you to show all of us all those amazing craft shopping you did their...I bet you must of got some amazing craft supplies... Hope you brought back some washi papers too!

Jeni said...

LoL! My Japanese friends are much more into Halloween than my American friends.
Welcome back!!

Cheryl said...

Haha! Hey didn't even know you were gone. Wow, 2 weeks in Japan. I'll bet you scooped up a lot of new goodies!

Cami said...

Wow Lynn! You went to Japan!!! I'm so green with envy. Thanks for sharing these wonderful pics of Halloween in Japan! I remember this Dhotombori bridge...lots of eating places, shops, artists, shopping, shopping, shopping, eating crab and all the ono Japanese food. I can't wait to see what you bought and what kind of crafty items you'll be making! But it was expensive yah? Please also share your other pics as I'm sure there is more!

Jenny V. said...

Wow lucky you went to Japan. I miss that place went there 2 years ago for the first time and wish I went back again hopefully soon. How fun dressing up I think Japan during Halloween time has more parties going on there and of course all the good yummy food. Well I'm sure you score on their craft items and did you get some Copics? Can't wait to see your goodies.