Saturday, November 12, 2011

Origami Money Card and Treat Box

I've been playing with the origami paper (50 sheets) that came with the book I showed in my last post. Following the book's instructions I made a money holder, small square box and a large rectangle box. I thought that the money holder would be a great way to hide a monetary gift on a card so I combined it with a Copic pen colored Christmas Sister Stamp image, Spellbinder die-cut square scallop frame, K and Co. 'Believe' sticker, and some new washi-type thin tape with a metallic sheen. (This tape (with repositionable adhesive) was purchased in Japan but I'm hoping this product will be available in our Ben Franklin Craft Stores soon.) The small origami box was easy to fold and would be great for a tiny gift....jewelry? I had a bit of trouble with the rectangle origami box, but I went to bed and when I woke up I could do it. I guess my brain works when I sleep LOL! Anyway, the rectangle box is just perfect for housing homebaked goodies. It is folded from a 12" square piece of paper. (Heavier cardstock would probably not fold well.) The bottom photo shows the card with the money holder opened. Origami can be creatively incorporated into your crafts and the book, The Simple Art of Japanese Papercrafts by Mari Ono will surely be a good inspiration. Thanks for taking the time to read this blog!

2 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

Love those origami projects Lynn~
The rectangle box looks great for putting those homemade goodies for the holidays, and I will really like that card with the secret money holder fold... They are all so adorable. TFS this gives me those extra ideas to put my goodies in...

Cami said...

Very pretty box Lynn. Origami papers are so pretty and colorful and I need to remember to pull them out and play with. What an inspiration you are!
Have a wonderful week and happy crafting!