Monday, November 16, 2015

Autumn Sticky Note Holder with Calendar

For me, finding a tool that somehow got lost in my my craft room is like winning the lottery! I was so excited to find a never-used die for a matchbook notebook (part of the Where Women Cook Sizzix series).  I grabbed a Lawn Fawn 12x12 double sided card stock and cut out three matchbooks. The die also cuts the little paper circles for the closure that was made with the addition of Making Memories mini button brads and Lawn Fawn twine.
Certainly you could use regular Post It tabs, but I had these really cute ones from Japan so I had to use them.
Here's a close up of the autumn leaves that I purchased from Ben Franklin Crafts.  The mini calendar is a Vippies product (ordered online).
The rustic ribbon used for the hanging strap is a Heiko item that I bought at Celebrations.
This side view shows how the holder is constructed and that it seemed designed to contain sticky notes even though the die does cut small cards to fit into the matchbook.
I think that these little sticky note holders will be attractive attached to cello bags of homemade cookies.  Sometimes it is nice to give early holiday gifts to co-workers before everyone is tired of goodies and you are worn out by Xmas gift crafting.  I hope this post has been helpful to you and perhaps inspired you to find a new use for that tool that has been tucked away and forgotten.

2 comments:

Annette Allen said...

you do amazing things with these little calendars.. so awesome..

Anonymous said...

Where did you get your littl calendars? So cute.