Sunday, May 7, 2017

Lacy Die Cut (Mother's Day) Card

I am very attracted to the new Xcut paper dies and embossing folders, especially the intricate doily ones.  HM Ben Franklin Crafts has a good selection of these including this rectangular floral bird one. I thought that it would look good cut from a Bo Bunny 12x12 rose pattern card stock, but I was wrong.  The design of the paper detracted from the die cut detail so I cut another one from iridescent vellum and just used the interior portion over the Bo Bunny paper.
This subtle effect along with the ombre Heiko ribbon ( from Celebrations) resulted in a card that really pleased me.  I found the sentiment in a KaiserCraft paper pad and thought that it made the card suitable for many occasions, not only Mother's Day.
If you use this type of lacy die, you will probably need to run it through the Big Shot several times to get a clean die cut, but it's worth it.  To make the process less tedious, I recommend that you get a Spellbinders handled rolling brush to clean out the paper chads from the die.  Also, the Heiko ribbons come in many widths and colors. I remove the wire from the ribbons so that the bows will fall more naturally.  I think the wire is in the ribbon so that it can be shaped or gathered to form flowers.  In the next post, I will show you another card style using the same Xcut fancy die and some of the supplies photographed here.  Please visit again soon and leave a comment if you have some free time. Thank you for stopping to read this post.

1 comment:

Annette Allen said...

I love that die.. this is a gorgeous Mother's Day Card.