Thursday, May 11, 2017

MOM Card

 The starting point for this card was my love of the Echo Park printed card stock, 'Beautiful MOM'. It is a colorful and busy card stock so it was a challenge to show it on the card without overwhelming all the embellishments. I also wanted to play with a newly purchased crafting 'toy'...err...tool, mini Alphabet Punch Board, made by We R memory keepers. I was amazed at how easy it was to punch all the letters of the alphabet with this one tool that comes with a complete instruction booklet.  HM Ben Franklin also has a larger version to use on banners or signs.  I wish that We R memory keepers had a smaller alphabet maker because I was able to fit only three letters on a 6" card.  Perhaps the letters would be good for making monogram stationery gift sets. The bunnies were stamped with a WA NO IKI set (sold at BFC) and I feel that they add a whimsical feel to the card.  The letters were cut from Lawn Fawn paper from a pad called 'Watercolor Wishes' and stitching lines were drawn in with a color pencil. This was a very easy and fun card to make.  I hope that it inspires you to experiment with new craft tools and designs.

3 comments:

Annette Allen said...

how cute.. I love all the bunnies..

yyam said...

Awwww...so cute! LOVE the bunnies!

Shirley N said...

I didn't know they made a mini alphabet maker. I purchased the large one when it first came out but haven't used it yet. You've inspired me to get it out and make something with it too. Love your adorable little bunnies jumping around, pretty card!