Saturday, May 27, 2017

More Candles B-day Card



 My almost-a-sister, Carol, is having a birthday soon so I had to make her a card.  I knew I wanted to use a vintage design birthday card stock that was in a 6x12 Sizzix pad (recently purchased from Market City HM Ben Franklin Crafts). This card stock set the mood and color scheme for the card. I love the humor of Art Impressions stamps so I chose one of 'older' ladies holding a giant cake with an overload of candles.  The sentiment is from AI, too and was stamped on a Spellbinder die cut label and attached to the scalloped (Sizzix die) card with a music note ribbon.
For the inside of the card I wanted to include another funny AI saying so I decided to test out a new Sizzix thinlet label die that I purchased at HM BFC.  I cut the label twice; once in pink vellum and once in green pearlized cardstock from Paper Accents. I offset the two die cuts to showcase the intricate floral design.  The words were stamped in black and embossed with NUVO powder on a scrap of pink vellum before cutting and attaching to the label.  I like the way this birthday card turned out because it is humorous, vintage looking, and just right for one of my very favorite people.


2 comments:

yyam said...

Hehe...such a fun card that I'm sure your friend appreciates.:)

Shirley N said...

Great card Lynn! I love AI images and this one is so fun and colored beautifully. The sentiments and the DP you chose goes perfectly too! I bet your friend will love it!