Friday, June 23, 2017

Hey, Sunshine Card

I've been testing some new dyes and stains, Distress Oxide, Infusions powder stains, and Altnew Ink Sprays to learn about their properties and interactions with each other.  I tested them out on moistened watercolor paper.  The results were very exciting as you can see below. I used one of the tests for a background of the card above which used My Favorite Things stamps and dies.
Although you cannot see the subtle shimmer of the sprays, they worked well to add a mystical touch to the papers. I especially loved the powders for the way they bled out giving a real organic feel to the colors.  The Tim Holtz Distress Oxides come in a tin with a cloth pad which is great for doing backgrounds but I hope they will eventually be available as ink daubers. Right now HM Ben Franklin Crafts does not stock these inks and stains, but I will recommend them to our buyers and hopefully you will see them for sale soon in BFC.  In future posts, I will show you other cards/tags that I made using the test pieces...never let any paper go to waste....LOL!

1 comment:

Annette Allen said...

fun backgrounds.. love your card.