Saturday, September 8, 2018

Double Monkey Thank You Card

Two very dear friends of ours recently sent us a sweet 'grandparents' gift. Yes, my husband and I are finally GRANDPARENTS!  Our identical twin grandsons arrived two months early so it's been a tenuous five weeks but I am happy to say that they are doing very well and may even go home soon.  I designed this card to convey the cuteness of my grandsons...hopefully they won't be double-trouble monkeys!  To make the 'thank you' stand out, I die cut it from pink shimmer paper (DCVW available from HM Ben Franklin Crafts) but it was too light colored so I enhanced the pink with a Copic pen....yes, the shimmer still remains even after coloring.  The blue plaid card stock cut with the Lawn Fawn scallop square is supposed to represent a baby blanket.  To make the monkeys seem furry I stamped the image on watercolor paper and colored it in with Copic markers.  Because watercolor paper is very absorbent the ink bleeds making the edges fuzzy.  A final touch was the addition of Amy Tangerine blue epoxy hearts.  This was a very simple card but I hope it conveys my sincere thanks to our very thoughtful friends.

1 comment:

Annette Allen said...

what a cute thank you card.. those little monkeys are so fun.