Saturday, July 13, 2019

Wedding Reception Photo Frame and Table Vase



Remember when I said I'd show you what I made using my Daiso purchases?  Well, here's what I did with the all white photo frame.  First, I rubbed the surface of the frame with gold metallic paste. HM Ben Franklin Crafts sells several brands of gold rubbing paste so you should check it out. 

This photo shows how the gold paste highlights the scrolls on the frame.  Next, I glued (with Beacon 3-2-1) on various flowers and some butterflies cut out from colored vellum. 
A little lace was added to showcase the flowers. 
The butterflies were made by stamping (Hero Arts) and embossing the wings before die cutting.  Nuvo crystal white embossing powder was used to give the iridescent look..
The same butterflies were used to decorate the table vases.  Probably fresh flowers will be used and not the artificial hydrangeas (from HM BFC) in the photo.  Although, I really think artificial flowers are very realistic these days. The table markers were simply made by stamping the Sizzix Table and No. onto white paper circles. The elegant hand blown vase is also from HM Ben Franklin Crafts.  I've tried to keep this reception simple because there was a real wedding earlier and the costs keep mounting.  Wish me luck in pulling off all of the festivities and leaving everyone still smiling!

1 comment:

yyam said...

Nicely done! So pretty!