Thursday, August 22, 2019

Cherry Blossom Boxed Note Card Set

 I finished another box of Diamond Bakery Cookies so of course I had to up-cycle the neat hinged box.  Since I had recently purchased some crinkled washi paper from Daiso ($1.50 per long roll), it seemed the perfect choice for covering the box.  The texture of the paper is very forgiving to wrinkles and sloppy edges.  For contrast I chose a cherry blossom print from my stash.  Unfortunately, I only had a 9x12 sheet so I could just cover the box top (inside and out).
Luckily, I remembered that I had a cherry blossom punch (an old Carl one) so I used it to cut the flowers. There was enough cherry blossom paper to punch out all of them.  The small blue squares were cut from the leftover Daiso crinkled paper with a small Sizzix square die. (The Daiso crinkled paper rolls also come in other colors....I got the pretty green and purple ones too.)
 I used both 3-2-1 Beacon glue and Daiso double stick tape ($1.50 per roll) to to put this project together.  The centers of the flowers were adhered with small foam dots so that the petals would still be loose and delicate like real cherry blossoms.  Well, I guess it's time to eat more Diamond Bakery cookies (lots of new flavors) and get more boxes to up-cycle!

No comments: