Monday, August 26, 2019

Mickey and Minnie Anniversary Card

 My husband and I are from the generation that was glued to the TV when the Mouseketeer Show was on the the tube so it seemed appropriate that I should make him this anniversary card.  It started with the Disney 'True Love' die which I used to cut the intricate iconic characters from silver foil card stock (DCWV). Next I decided that I wanted the background to be retro polka dots that were a little distressed like us.  From my stash I found two papers that were suitable and I ended up layering the more colorful one on top of the yellow one with white dots (this was the card base).  I used 3 in 1 Beacon glue to adhere the characters to the card front. The next photo shows the shine of the foil better...it's really silver not grey.
 From Avery Elle I used one of the sentiments from the 'And Then' clear stamp set.  I really love this set because of the usable words in varied fonts.  I stamped the meaningful words and then used the heat embossed the Nuvo black sparkle powder.  Even though this card is super simple, I think it is one of my better cards and well suited for my hubby who is a sweet, simple man....the perfect Mickey for Minnie me!
P.S. Everything used on this card was purchased from HM Ben Franklin Crafts.
      M-I-C See you real soon....K-E-Y Why? Because I like you....M-O-U-S-E!

1 comment:

eunice said...

Awww! Very sweet and romantic anniversary card. Just my style (and generation, Lol!). I was happy to finally get a chance to see what a die cut from these Disney dies actually looks like. Nice to see that it's quite detailed and very cute! They're available at BF? Gonna hafta go check it out!