Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Up-cycled Autumn Gift Bag

Fall is the start of the holiday season during which there are lots of gatherings requiring hostess gifts.  I like giving baked goods in decorative gift bags.  The Hawaiian Airlines snack bag I received while on my last flight was a nice quality with great woven ribbon handles....perfect for up-cycling into an autumn gift bag. At HM Ben Franklin Crafts I purchased a really attractive hedgehog ribbon which I cut to size, removed the wire supports and glued to the bag on both sides. For the veined leaf (which is covering the HA logo), I used the dies that came with a recent Papercraft magazine.  I flicked (with a stencil brush) some gold Liquitex paint onto the solid paper leaf before gluing on the veined leaf.  I didn't spend a lot of time  decorating this bag because my baked goods are the real gift....right?  I truly believe that presentation makes the present even more delicious.

1 comment:

yyam said...

Looks fabulous! Perfect for yummy, thoughtful baked goodies! :)