Sunday, October 13, 2019

Winnie-the-Pooh Birthday Card

 I collect bears and Winnie-the-Pooh is one of my favorites. My Pooh bear is rather 'loved' so I decided to make this card to his likesness.  I started with a clear stamp that I purchased in Japan but I'm sure there are lots of images to purchase online.  This one had a nice shaggy look which I enhanced with Fun Flock. I fussy cut the image (stamped on yellow card stock) and applied (with a glue pen) a mixed combo of yellow and brown flock.  For the red shirt I stamped the outline on red paper and fussy cut it out. The honey pot was fussy cut and embellished with Nuvo yellow lacquer.  Luckily, I had a bee print paper in my stash which was perfect for the background.
 I struggled to find just the right paper to use for the script words and ended up using a gold foil for the (Hero Arts die cut) 'happy' and a colorful scrap for the 'birthday'  The scallop edge for the card was produced with a Lawn Fawn die that was offset a bit to keep the fold intact.  To give the (Hero Arts die cut) 'birthday' more interest and dimension, I just glued the ends to the card and folded the inside of the word so that it would pop out.
 Although you can barely see it, I impressed a Winnie-the-Pooh and Tigger design (Cuttlebug) onto the envelope.  I think matching the envelope with the card is a nice touch. I made sure to leave room for the name and address of the recipient and my return address.  I know that flocking images is an old school technique, but I hope that you will give it a try.  Afterall, something old can be something new again unless it's an old crafter like me.... I definitely need a time machine....LOL!

1 comment:

yyam said...

How cute! LOVE the coordinating envelope!