Monday, February 17, 2020

Peek-a-Boo Valentine Cards

 I wasn't going to buy any more Valentine dies but this Avery Elle one at HM BFC caught my eye because I wondered what I could create with it.  It was so basic that I knew it could be used for many Valentine cards in the future.  Since my upcoming trip made my time limited, I decided to keep it simple....let the card stock do all the decorating.  For these two cards it was important that the inside design complimented the outside. I chose a conversation heart design and matched it with stickers. The little fox is a sweet surprise for the recipient.  I rounded the corners of both cards with a corner- rounding tool. 
The second card is a tribute to the most popular  Valentine gift (besides diamonds). My old stash contained some Martha Stewart  stickers which reminded me of wrapped chocolates which I thought matched the card stock.   Besides these simple cards, I plan to used this die to make shaker cards and cards with animals peeking out and hanging onto the heart openings.  Won't that be cute?....well maybe next year I'll get started on my cards earlier. LOL!

 P.S. Don't forget to get some Valentine washi tape to decorate cards and envelopes!

2 comments:

yyam said...

Oooooh...love the hearts!

Annette Allen said...

these are fabulous.. yay for peek a boo fun. Loving all the hearts.