Thursday, February 13, 2020

Valentine Hug Cards

 When I saw these Whimsy stamp images and sentiments, I knew I had to get the set.  It was so simple to whip up these cards.  I started with a rectangle of watercolor paper which I misted with water. Next I placed an acetate heart stencil (made by die cutting an acetate sheet over the moistened paper and blotted on some Distress Oxide inks.  Don't worry if the inks bleed outside of the heart. When the inks were mostly dry, I sprinkled on some big drops of water.  The rabbits were stamped on marker paper with waterproof ink, lightly colored in with Copic pens and fussy cut out. Once everything was dry, the sentiment was stamped on, the rabbits attached with foam dots and then the watercolor paper was adhered to a card blank.
 For this card I basically did the same thing but flicked gold Liquitex ink onto the background.  Both cards were sweet and simple which means I can make lots of them for ALL my sweeties.  The images in this stamp set can be used for many occasions so send hugs out to everyone all year long!

No comments: