Saturday, February 29, 2020

Thank You, You Fill My Cup Card

 I know that this looks like a Valentine card, but I made it to add to my stash of thank you cards.  The main images came from a Hero Arts clear stamp set.  I used the matching die set, too.  I think these sets can be used for many different occasions.  The blank card came from an old Hot Off the Press package (HM BFC may still carry it).  It shouldn't be hard to create your own pop-up card blank because it only requires folding the inner panel and adhering it to the inside of the flap.  The card set comes with a pattern to cut the front scalloped edge but after looking at the white edge, I decided that I needed to add some color and pattern...so WASHI tape to the rescue!
 I knew that I bought the skinny width tape from Daiso (I think) for a reason.  It was a bit tricky to cover the wavy edge but washi tape is forgiving and wrinkles can be smoothed out with a fingernail. The additional sentiments came from other Hero Arts stamp sets.  All the pattern papers came from a Doodlebug 6x6 pack. I love that they coordinate and have small prints...some on kraft paper. I colored the images with Copic pens and added clear sparkle Stickles to the hearts. For added interest I sprinkled on Martha Stewart (from old set) tiny heart glitter.  Since we are between holidays, I am happy to be adding to my 'thank you' card collection, Crafting is so therapeutic!

2 comments:

yyam said...

This is so sweet! Great addition to your Thank You card stash.

Annette Allen said...

oh my word this is so totally cute.. I love it