Friday, May 1, 2020

Llama Birthday Card

 I bought the Avery Elle stamp and die sets quite a while ago because I knew that it would make a great birthday card for my friend who adores llamas.  Recently, while playing with a Hero Arts background stamp, I created a background that somehow seemed just right for the llama images. (I think the colors and swirly pattern looks like an ethnic South American fabric.)  To make the llamas even more special, I used a glue pen to adhere white Fun Flock to them before die cutting them out.  I had to fussy cut the Lawn Fawn stamped conversation bubbles and rubbed some lavender ink on the edges to make them less white than the llamas.  The die cut cactus had white edges that were distracting,  so I colored them in with a light green Copic pen. (This is a trick you can use on the edges of die cut images so that they will blend into the background.)  Finally, on the back of the card I stamped a maker's mark from a Lawn Fawn set so that the recipient would know that I made the card especially for her.  It amused me to make this card for my friend and took my mind off the feeling of impending virus doom.  Send a friend an envelope of cheer and make yourself happy too!

3 comments:

yyam said...

Hehe...so cute!

Annette Allen said...

wow this is so fun.. I love that background and the color combo is perfect.. great designing.

eunice said...

Really like the stamped and inked background you created for this card; plus the fact that you flocked your llamas! All the time and care you took to add these extra details really make this card extra special!