Saturday, May 9, 2020

Mother's Day 2020 Cards

 This card is going to a hard working doctor who is also the mother of two adorable twin boys.  It was pretty simple to make except for all the fussy cutting. Starting with a pre-made step card blank ( Hot Off the Press), I chose some Graphic 45 printed paper which reminded me of wallpaper.  The package of 5 cards comes with a pattern to cut printed card stock to cover the card, but it was not correctly sized so I ended up measuring and cutting my own pattern.  I stamped the Penny Black image twice, once on a printed paper and once on white marker card stock.  After coloring the image with Copic markers I cut it out and glued (Martha Stewart glue pen) it onto the printed chair before cutting out the entire chair and sitting lady.  I adhered the chair with foam dots.
 The side view shows how more dimension was added with a 'happy mother's day' banner (Lawn Fawn) and small roses.
 Here is another version of the card I made for myself and mothers in blogland who would rather craft than clean. LOL!  I used Ai stamp sets for the images and saying.
 I made the same sitting lady fussy cut image for the inside of the card and added a stamped (Dandelion Designs) sentiment on a Sizzix die cut.  I hope all of the messy, crafty mothers out in blogland have a good day of relaxation and crafting.....cleaning can wait!

3 comments:

yyam said...

Hehe..love both versions of your card!
Hope you had a lovely Mother's Day!

Annette Allen said...

Hope you had a great Mother's Day Lynn. These cards are amazing.

eunice said...

Really like the super cool way you achieved a sort of designer upholstered look to your chair by double stamping and fussy cutting the main image on both of your cards. Gonna have to remember to give that technique a try soon. Lol, that second card must be for me!