Friday, May 29, 2020

Floral 'Bloom' Card

I love flowers, but I haven't made a floral card in ages.  As I was tidying up my craft supply rolling carts (I ran out of shelf space LOL!), three never used products jumped up and said, "Use Us!" Being an obedient crafter, I listened.  I was pleased that I did.  It was so simple to use the Sizzix Tim Holtz die and cut the front of a Paper Arts linen card. Next, I adhered a piece of pearlescent vellum to the back of the card front because even though I originally imagined the card with a cut away front, the openings were too big to leave without a back.  I stamped the flowers on watercolor paper with red Memento ink and stamped the leaves with green ink. (I used Memento ink because it is waterproof and I planned to water color over the design.)  I am a very crude watercolorist but I tried my best with Kuretake watercolors and Prisma watercolor pencils.  The finished blossoms and leaves were die cut and attached with foam squares.  (The stamp and die floral set was a freebie from a magazine, but there are so many floral sets available that you can substitute one of your choice.)  The final step to this very simple card was to die cut 'Bloom' from gold foil paper and attach it with glue.
I have a lot of free time these days (who doesn't) due to self quarantining, so I decided to fancy up my envelope with the Sizzix envelope flap die set.  The envelope that came with the linen card didn't have a flap that matched the die shape but luckily I just happened to have a matching green one that didn't have a card. (Sometimes things just work out that way....hooray!) This was a good card making day....easy crafting and an addition to my all occasion card stash.  Hope you are having 'good crafting' days too!


2 comments:

eunice said...

Whoa!! Your floral card and matching envelope are stunning! Love the effect you got by die cutting the intricate design into the card front and backing with pearlescent vellum... so pretty. The fancy die cut envelope insert is the perfect match for your card.

Annette Allen said...

oh wow this is beautiful.