Sunday, May 17, 2020

Love You to the Moon and Back Card

 This card was made with no one special in mind, but with all the nieces and nephews having sons, I know that this 'boy' card will come in handy someday.  I was playing around with watercolor paper and Distress dyes but nothing stood out. I added some Liquitex gold spots (put the ink on a stiff brush and flick it) and then the piece seemed just right for an outer space card featuring the Whimsy images.  In the stamp set there is the sentiment, "Love You to the Moon and Back" which I stamped on black paper and heat embossed with silver Hero Arts powder.  The arrow was hand cut and points to the moon which was made from Yupo paper sponge dyed with alcohol inks. (I couldn't find my moon stamp with craters so this was my solution.)  The space creature and ship were stamped on Pearlized Silver Cardstock (Paper Accents) and heat embossed with Nuvo black sparkle powder.  I like the look of the metallic spaceship. Copic pens added color and Glossy Accents added some shine.
 For the inside of the card (click on the image to see the details better), I stamped the rocket on gold pearlized cardstock and heat embossed with HA silver powder.  Nuvo Crystal Drops added some color.  The words were stamped and heat embossed with silver powder and silver Liquitex was flicked on the entire inside of the card so the rocket would appear to be in outer space.  Most of these supplies were purchased at HM Ben Franklin Crafts.  If the stores are still closed due to the pandemic, I hope that you will be patient and know that we are trying to reopen as soon as possible. HouseMart Hugs!

2 comments:

yyam said...

Awww...this is really cute! Love the theme!

eunice said...

Your talent of creating pretty papers for your cards with inks and dyes are always awe-inspiring to me. I don't think I would ever have thought to use the colors you chose to blend together for this card, and yet the resulting blended background is so beautiful! The addition of the metallic gold specks takes it over the top. Whenever I try this, I end up with big ugly splotches... is there a special kind of stiff brush you use?