Monday, July 20, 2020

Twin Birthday Cards with Flip-Up Flaps


 My twin two-year-old grandsons love their books with lift-up flaps so I decided to make their birthday cards this year using my Lawn Fawn flap cutting die.  I wanted the cards to be colorful so I chose card stock from a Pebbles Birthday 12x12 pack.  Except for the 'It's Party Time' and 'Hope Your Birthday Is Rawr-some' sentiments and the big 2, the fronts are fairly plain even with added sequins.
 However, when the flaps are opened some happy creatures appear.  I hope my grandsons will be delighted with their birthday cards.  The animal images were stamped from Lawn Fawn, Avery Elle and Mama Elephant sets, colored with Copic pens, and cut with their matching dies.
 I mistakenly made the cards slightly larger than standard-sized envelopes. The only ones I had that barely fit the cards suffered from paper foxing stains.  Undaunted, I decided to try some new coloring techniques that  I saw on someone's blog.  Using Ranger Distress Crayons and a Plaid stencil, I colored in circles and misted them with water, hoping to create a distressed watercolor look.  I was somewhat successful and at least I did cover the foxing.  By adding a few sequins, I think I achieved a festive party look.  I hope my cutey grandsons smile when they see my cards.  They always make me smile when I see them so I'll do anything to see their adorable grins. Grandma love!


1 comment:

eunice said...

Wonderful idea for cards for toddler grandsons! Just like those fun lift flap books my 3 year old granddaughter enjoys so much too. I'll bet your creative cards delighted your grandsons and kept them busy at least for a little while!