Saturday, July 4, 2020

Doughnut Puns on Postage Stamp Frame Cards

 I do love play-on-word puns, so this Whimsy doughnut stamp set really caught my fancy. I also have a sweet spot for for postage stamps. (They are like mini works of art.) Since I just got the Pink & Main postage stamp die set, I thought that it might pair well with the doughnut stamp set.  For the card on the left, I placed the die slightly above the fold of the white card before cutting so that the front and back would be attached.  The card on right has just a die cut stamp shape attached to a blue folded card.
 I used the stamp die as a measure for the dotted and rainbow papers.  The blue label was cut with a Spellbinders die before stamping the sentiment and rubbing ink on the edges.
 I could not find speech bubble dies for the words on this card so I hand cut them and rubbed each one with ink pad dye before attaching them with foam dots.
 To make these doughnuts more realistic I added Glossy Accents and Bo Bunny Pearlescent Paint to the pink doughnut. I smudged a little glue onto the twisted doughnut before dusting it with glitter 'sugar'.
 I glued sprinkles (free from Whimsy) with Glossy Accents onto the round doughnut.  The glazed long doughnut was decorated like the other pink one.  These doughnut pun cards were fairly easy to create and I am happily adding them to my card stash.  Although the postage stamp frame added to the cheeriness of the card, I think next time I will use it to make a more stamp-like card, perhaps with a foreign country background and numerical pricing.  "Doughnut Stop Crafting!"

3 comments:

yyam said...

Awwww....these are so cute! I love puny sentiments. :)

eunice said...

Very cute and punny donut cards! And I really like how you sweetened them up with sprinkles and sugar and glaze... looks so yummy!

Annette Allen said...

oh my now I want some donuts. LOL these are adorable