Friday, July 24, 2020

Washi Paper Upcycled Tins

I can't bear to throw away good but empty tins that once held tea, cookies or other treats, so every once in awhile I decorate them for future gift giving.  I like to use washi paper on these tins because it comes in large sizes (available at Celebrations or HM Ben Franklin Crafts) and are pretty plus pliable.  After measuring (twice) and cutting (once), I used double stick Heiko tape to secure the paper onto the tins. Sizzix circle die set is really a time saver and ensures a neat finished look.
 Gold paper was glued onto the top of this tin but the rim of the tin cover was left as is because it matched the washi paper.  I folded the small cranes and added LED resin to only the underside of the cranes to give them more strength but retain the washi paper look.
This Lupicia tea tin was simply decorated to hide the logos.  The woven purple burlap-like ribbon is a Heiko product from Celebrations. I think it really compliments the crinkled paper.
 Both the flowers and rabbit are resin pieces made with LED resin in silicon molds.  Because this tin has a lid that is hard to remove, I decided to attach a resin bunny knob.  Some ribbon and lace added to the sweet look of this reusable tin.  I plan to refill these tins with homemade cookies, handmade cards decorated with washi paper or maybe a package of loose tea.  Hopefully, the recipients will enjoy the contents and then use the tins as pencil/pen holders, paper clip storage, or fill them up and gift them to someone else. Now, that's recycling!

1 comment:

yyam said...

Oh my. These are amazing! Love those resin pieces !