Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Hedgehog Calendar Mini Box

As soon as my Vippies calendars arrived, I started thinking of ways to use them.  Then I got the  Lawn Fawn hedgehog dies for decorating the tiny gift box (a separate die set). I had planned to attach the calendars to the box but they were just a bit too big (even the smallest size).  
By attaching a circle of printed card stock I was able to create a nice backdrop as well as a place for the calendar.
I was happy to have a space for a thoughtful message too. This one was on a wood handled Penny Black stamp.
Here's how the box opens up.  Besides the cute face, I love that the die cut the fur texture.  Did you know that  some real hedgehogs are quite small and have soft fur?  
When I make mini calendars, I usually do them in sets of four or five (or I get bored).  These would be cute for office workers (even those working from home) and could hold fancy paper clips. (I found some squirrel shaped ones.)  However, as a chocolate lover, I suggest putting chocolate kisses in them!

 

4 comments:

yyam said...

Awww... this is super cute!

eunice said...

Wow, this is a cute and clever idea for a desk calendar! Perfect for anyone who works at a desk, filled with candies for a little snack or as a adorable paper clip holder. So adorable that the box even has little "quills"!

HawaiianLibrarian said...

What a great idea for office mates' desks or senior relatives' counters in care homes! Do you think covering an old CD or DVD would fit for the circle behind the box? I have a "million" of 'em, and I love recycling. Mahalo for sharing.

Annette Allen said...

these are so cute.. love how you added the little box in front.