Monday, December 7, 2020

Christmas Family Newsletter Card

Every year I write a family newsletter and send it out to friends and family who we rarely see.  That may be almost everyone this year.  To keep me sane, I try to make the cards simple and concentrate my time on the newsletter.  The theme of this year's letter is the joy of having three beautiful grandsons...symbolized on the card by the three stars.  Inside the newsletter there will be three star-shaped photos of the boys.  Unfortunately, the subtle colors of the cards were difficult to photograph.  Each tree is embossed with the Cuttlebug embossing folder but in the photo the pearlescent one shows up better.  I prefer the embossed green vellum tree.  Because the background of the top card has a musical sheet I think it goes well with the inside sentiment.
Here are some card variations I created.  The stars were punched out with a Fiskar punch and the words, "Holiday Cheer" were made with a Paper Smooches die.  To accurately stamp the Hero Arts words, I used the MISTI tool.....invaluable for aligning words on multiples.  As a final touch I glued on a tiny sparkly acrylic dot to the top of the 'i' in holiday.  I encourage you to send out family newsletters with photos to all the special people who you will not get to see this holiday season.  They will certainly be thrilled to receive them and maybe they'll write back to you. Wouldn't that be wonderful? Happy Holidays!

 

No comments: