Thursday, December 17, 2020

Magical Dragon Mini Calendars and Xmas Tags

This year Lawn Fawn came up with the cutest flying dragon which was the perfect size for Xmas tags.  The set also had some coordinating words and swirls.  To make it even more irresistible, there was a matching die set.  At first I was just planning to make just Xmas tags but then I spied my small stack of mini calendars and knew I had to make dragon calendars too.  

The calendar base is three inches wide and starts as a simple strip that is pleated at the bottom.  The dragon image was stamped with green ink and heat embossed to make it easier to color with Copic pens.  Because I didn't want to print a holiday message on the calendars, I just printed the word 'magical' and added some sparkly star stickers.  The calendars were purchased from Vippies.
Here is the original idea I had for the magical dragon image.  After finding just the right printed double sided card stock, I folded a 2" wide strip  to form the tag.  Three-fourths inch of the lower half of the front of the tags were removed and the words were stamped.  This leaves enough room inside the tags for the recipient and giver names.  Don't you love the sparkly yarn that I used for the tie?  It's a yarn that I purchased at HM Ben Franklin Crafts....there were so many luscious colors!
I am very happy with both the calendars and tags because I think that they showcase the LF dragon extremely well.  It was an inexpensive stamp set but I know I will get lots of use out of it during the coming year.  I'm already thinking of Valentine dragon cards!

 

1 comment:

Annette Allen said...

the cutest calendars and tags.. very creative