Monday, October 14, 2024

Candy Corn Halloween Earrings


Did you love candy corn as a kid?  I did and I still do! For me, it wouldn't be Halloween without candy corn so of course when I found glass candy corn beads, I had to get some.  I held on to the strand of candy corn beads for awhile before I decided to use some of them to make earrings.  They were simple to make requiring just gold filled ear wires, gold filled ball tipped head pins, Swarovski crystals, tiny white beads, and of course the candy corn glass beads.  The tools I used to fashion these earring were two small tipped pliers and jewelry wire cutters. If you can't find glass candy corn beads, I suggest you make your own candy corn with Fimo clay (sold at HM BFC)which can be baked to look very similar to real candy corn.  Also real candy corn can be painted with 1-minute UV-LED resin and hardened under a UV lamp to resemble real candy corn.  I recommend not drilling the candy (it will probably crack) but rather gluing on a gold filled bell cap to hang the resin candy corn from the earring wires.  I hope that you will have some safe Halloween excitement and create some fun Halloween jewelry for yourself. Have a candy corny kind of Halloween!










 

No comments: