Friday, October 18, 2024

Halloween Scene Card with Confetti Moon

 

Recently, I bought some Halloween confetti so of course I just HAD to make a confetti card. LOL!  Rather than make the whole card a shaker, I decided to just make the moon opening contain shakable confetti.  This card started with Pink and Main Foilable cards and transfer foil. To make the background I used the purple foil that was peeled off the foilable card after it was heated in the Minc Heidi Swapp mini machine.  This normally thrown away used foil was applied to a color blend foilable card.  I really like the spooky faces that lurk in the purple background.


Next the Lawn Fawn die was used to die cut the scent from black paper.  I used a circle Sizzix die to cut out the moon from the foiled background.  Behind the moon I taped a small cello (Heiko) bag filled with Halloween confetti.  Then the whole scene was glued together and then taped to a yellow card blank with double stick (Heiko) tape.  Although it looks complicated,  it was quite simple to construct this card because there was just die cutting and no coloring.  If you haven't invested in a foiling machine (like Minc) I think you will be surprised that it is not very expensive but that owning one unleashes a multitude of creative possibilities.  I guess I'm like a magpie and I love shiny things so foiling really appeals to me.  I think Halloween is an especially fun time that just seems to need something spooky and shiny.  Happy Scary, Sparkly Crafting!   


No comments: