Saturday, September 15, 2007

Last night I went shopping at Ben Franklin Crafts, hoping to see the new line of Martha Stewart craft items, but they were still on the floor in boxes. I guess I’ll just have to wait to see what the store will be stocking. I did purchase some of the Martha Stewart craft products while off-island (before I knew local Ben Franklin would be carrying the line). I hope the store will be stocking the liquid ballpoint glue pen because it is the best I’ve ever used. It’s great for intricate gluing (glitter, flock, etc.). What I did buy last night were lots of the $1 L’il Stamps and clear acrylic blocks. Such a bargain…you’ve got to check them out before they’re all gone. I also bought some Christmas items to start making gift bags etc. No, it’s not too early to start because having a stockpile of wraps, tags, etc. will make the holidays go smoothly. (See photo. Click on image for larger viewing.) It took just a minute to Fabri-Tac down cut pieces of wide ribbon to a candy striped bag and close it with the cute Santa clothespin. The ribbon was really amazing because it changed from shiny red to green when I moved it from side to side. I think the ribbon is supposed to be used as a garland for a tree but I will get more mileage from it by cutting it up and using it to embellish cards, bags and boxes. The ribbon was a bargain too, because the roll was gigantic!
Today, I die-cut some plain beige washi paper (the course one) into tag shapes. I used the Big Shot and Sizzix tag shape but you could use a Marvy tag punch. The washi paper is just the right texture to use for Thanksgiving name tags and looks great embellished with artificial fall leaves or autumn colored feathers. (See photo. Click on image for larger viewing.) Try writing your guests’ names on the tag and tying them around a napkins with a piece of raffia to give a special touch to your Thanksgiving table. By the way, have you started making your entry for the Craft Club Tag Contest. The deadline is Nov. 1st and we’ve already started getting entries. Look at the last Craft Club Newsletter for contest details. We are working hard to get the shopping website going and the blog set up so you can send me your comments.

Lynn

No comments: