Monday, October 1, 2007

In the STILL of the night...

I’m STILL cleaning my craft area so I can move the big table and put up two shelves. I STILL have not finished the newsletter. I am STILL playing with my newest craft toys and supplies. Okay, I’m a baaaaa-a-a-d girl, but I have discovered a new tip to share. While trying out the Making Memories flocking and foiling holiday kit, I found that the EK Success adhesive eraser works very well to remove the adhesive rub-on if you make a mistake. With the kit you can easily make a dozen or more simple but professional-looking cards. The holiday-themed adhesive rub-ons come with several sheets of flocking and foil. I had a little trouble with getting the adhesive where I wanted it and I thought the white flocking was a bit thin so the under color showed through. The red flocking looked marvelous. The foil should be rubbed on with your finger and not the Popsicle stick, which seems to rub off the foil. The best method seems to be to keep rubbing and moving the foil until full coverage is achieved. To solve the problem of the too thin white flocking I just added more flocking using a ballpoint glue pen and white Fun Flock. The effect was a fluffy snowflake, which I thought was perfect! As I always say, we learn the most from our mistakes.

STILL learning,
Lynn

No comments: