Friday, August 26, 2011

Two Wedding Cards

I needed to make two wedding cards so I decided to make them similar to save time and effort. One of the weddings already happened (I'm late again) so I wanted to keep them simple and I didn't want them to be exactly alike. As it happens sometimes, one inked image from an old Stampendous wedding cake stamp had a few imperfections because the stamp is so large. Hence, I opted to camouflage the 'mistake' with an off-centered ribbon and asymmetric card design rather than re-stamping. Actually, I ended up liking the 'flawed' card better. LOL! Which do you prefer?
The background paper is softly iridescent (from Luxury paper stack pad by DCWV) so it is a bit hard to see in the photo. I really like this paper pad because it is elegant and perfect for wedding cards. To add more texture to the cards I added paper doilies (Little Yellow Bicycle pack), feathers (fluff pulled from the bottom of a large feather), sheer ribbon, and wedding bells buttons (Jesse James/Cousins) with the shanks snipped off. Oh, the stamped image was colored with Copic pens, cut out, and adhered with pop-up glue dots. Thank you for reading and looking at my blog. I hope you found it interesting enough to cause you to return often. Please leave a comment if you can. I read all of them and it delights me to hear from you.


Remember: A hopeful life is a happy life.






5 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

Hi Lynn~
You know what both cards are really pretty. To me, looking at it the ribbon looks perfect either or... Only you know where the imperfection is, it shouldn't be a big deal....it is still stunning...

Cheryl said...

Beautiful wedding cards Lynn! I am always late too and I really should have a bunch of cards on hand instead of making last minute cards. I have that LYB doilies and I love them. If you get the doily die, you can cut your own doilies.

kris said...

i love them both!! but the first card with the ribbon off centered is my fave! i like the way it sorta set at the base of the cake... it looks like it belongs there! Wonderful creations Lynn!! can't wait to see what you whip up next...

Shirley N said...

I think they're both beautiful Lynn, the ribbon looks great on the first card--you'd never know you were hiding something! ;) I need to make me some wedding cards too, thanks for the inspiration!

Michael said...

These two wedding invitation cards were fantastic, the design of the card was very nice. In a wedding ceremony wedding invitation is the main thing which admires all of them for wedding and invite the guest.