Monday, April 23, 2012

Boy's Day Waterfall Card

As a mother of two very fine boys, May 5th ( Traditiional Japanese Boy's Day) has always been a special day in our household. In honor of this day and because I've never made one before, I decided to attempt a waterfall card. (The instructions were found in the Spring 2012 CardMaker issue called Creative Cuts & folds for Paper.) The series of three boy stamps by Sister Stamps seemed perfect for this Asian holiday card. I made the waterfall portion of the card slightly wider because I didn't want to do the ribbon part. My Boy's Day card has washi tape on the cross piece and for the pull. The background paper is just a scrap of Japanese wrapping paper. I found that because this card is formed mostly from little squares of paper, it is a perfect card to use up scraps. Again on this card I used paper from the Artist Marker pad because it works so well with Copic pens (both available at Ben Franklin Crafts). In recent years May 5th has also been celebrated as Children's Day, so I hope that you will spend the day celebrating the miracles that we call children. Hug one today!

7 comments:

Leanne said...

Hi Lynn,
This is totally cute! Love the colors you chose and using up those scraps is fantastic. The waterfall style is a perfect way to show off the new boys and old ones. Very cute!
;)

Annette Allen said...

oh my word how cute cute cute...this is fabulous and I love it...

Cheryl said...

I just love this waterfall card!!! Love all those SS images too. Is it now called "children's day"? I thought I saw that on some calendars.

Creations by Shirl said...

What a cute style card Lynn... Never heard of a waterfall card seems easy to do....And the SS did work out perfect for this card style too.... Awesome coloring and pretty recycled paper also..

Jenny said...

So awesome! Thanks for using our images!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

WOW, what a fab waterfall card. Amazing!!!

eunice said...

OMG, Lynn...this has got to be the cutest darn waterfall card ever!!! I love how this little boy from Sister Stamps comes in several differnt poses and how it works so perfectly on your card. Ingenius and so clever!!!