Monday, April 2, 2012

Humorous Easter Cards

Easter is one of my favorite holidays mainly because of the happy memories I have as a mother. My boys loved dyeing eggs and the 'HUNT'. In fact, I had to suggest that perhaps we should discontinue the Easter kid stuff when they were taller than me. Ha-ha -ha but they were no dummies because they knew that they could make a bundle of money in the egg hunt. They practically threw away the candy filled plastic eggs. Both my boys have great senses of humor and always make me laugh so I decided to make humorous Easter cards this year. I also wanted to use the new Honey POP honeycomb paper and the Inky Antics clear stamp sets (both available at Ben Franklin Crafts).

My first card I titled, "Bad Monkey". The background paper was from my scrap box so I don't really know the manufacturer. The Easter wishes stamp is a G Studio product and the eggs were die cut with a Sizzix thin die. The knocked out rabbit is my re-do of a Dandelion Design stamp. (I cut the legs off and re-attached them, and replaced his eyes with X's. The grass was made with a Martha Stewart punch.

My second card is called, " What's the matter Daba?" My husband didn't get the humor of the card even after I explained it. Daba, the cute rabbit stamp from Sister Stamps. looks horrified (I altered his face)by what he sees and the chick is trying to communicate with her chicky friends (or so she thinks).

The shock (and humor) of the card is that the sounds are coming from a giant rainbow egg and the suggestion is that the other hatched egg yielded robots (punched out silver glittered paper with an EK success border punch) who have come to see the birth of their leader.
The grass is a border from an Eclips cartridge and the thought balloons are stickers. The yellow border is rickrack and the chick is an Easter staple that comes in a boxof 10? from BFC.



I hope that these two cards have made you smile and remember your Easter past. If you have little ones don't forget to make their Easter holiday memorable, because the years really do fly by quickly and you really can't go back in time. Smile and enjoy your life now. Happy Easter!

3 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

Oh my Lynn~
You sure have been creative making all these cute cards... I love monkeys on my cards they just make me giggle because they are so inquisitive animals.

Cheryl said...

Lol! You're funny! Great sense of humor too. I like how you did the Dandelion rabbit on the ground. I haven't tried this honeycomb paper yet, I saw it yesterday in the store. Did you just cut the shape out or did you use a die?

eunice said...

LOL, Lynn! Love a crafter with a sense of humor! Your humorous Easter cards are so much fun...very cool how you altered the stamps to add your own expressions to them! Hey, I'm gonna have to check out that honeycomb paper...looks verrry interesting with lots of possibilities!