Sunday, April 15, 2012

Tea Bag in a Jar

This card had its start by my desire to send a card with a tea bag gift. I've seen so many cute ones recently. The American Crafts 'Neopolitan' series has a 12x12 paper that features canning jars and this was also an inspiration. I also had my Inky Antics clear stamps out (the one with the mouse and a teacup). By folding an individually packaged tea bag to fit the shape of the jar, I was able to use Merikan tape (available at Ben Franklin Crafts) to affix a clear acetate sheet over the teabag (run the tape along the inner edge of the jar) before cutting off the excess acetate. The basic card is 9-1/4" x 3-7/8" with a 1-3/8" square window cut out. (I used an old Making Memories card but I'm sure you can fashion your own long card to fit a long envelope.) My card was so old that it had some fading on the front, which is why I smudged the front with purple ink. I liked the look but it needed words and some mouse footprints (I had no stamp so I drew them in).The inside of the card was easy to finish with the images (adhered with pop-up dots) and words from the Inky Antics set (purchased from BFC). I stamped the images on paper from the Artist Marker Pad (a product purchased from Ben Franklin Crafts) which is specifically designed to work with Copic pens. The paper has a smooth finish and accepts the ink well. This card was so unfussy that I'm going to make a bunch of them and perhaps put a birthday or thank you message in some of them. I hope you liked visiting this blog and that you'll return often. Make someone smile today......send them something you've crafted!

4 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

This is tea-rrific Lynn..
Love it!

Annette Allen said...

aww how adorable...I love this...that stamp set is too cute..

Cheryl said...

Cute idea Lynn!!! That stamp set is so adorable too!

scrapnhawaii said...

What a tea-lightful card, Lynn!! Love the Tea stamps, too!! TFS!