Thursday, April 19, 2012

Resin Pendant Necklaces

I tried really hard to capture the colors and details of a new type of jewelry I've been making. The pictures don't really show the details well so I guess you'll just have to see them in person if I decide to teach a class on this new technique or Ben Franklin starts to stock the supplies. I love the irridescence of the sheets imbedded in the resin. The large heart pendant is hanging on a very reasonably priced silver plate chain from BFC. The heart shaped bail is also from BFC and I think it adds just the right touch to complete the overall look of the piece.
The second photo also turned out better andt I really love the Asian inspired look of the piece. The fabric cord was purchased from Japan, but I'm sure crafters can make their own cord with Asian print fabric. The last photo shows how the cord was attached to the chain and clasp. I glued the cord ends into pinch bail ends and added a chain with jump rings to make the necklace adjustable. In the next few blogs I will show other jewelry pieces I deisigned using this new kind of resin and embossed shimmer sheets. Have a super day!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Wow! You have been busy making the resin jewelry using the scraps from Elizabeth Crafts! Turned out really pretty! Where are you getting the resin from?

Creations by Shirl said...

These are so pretty, you sure are crafty....

Annette Allen said...

wow these are so pretty...girl you are just full of amazing talent...thanks for sharing..

Hope you have a wonderful weekend...