Monday, May 28, 2012

Black and White with a bit of Red



While rumaging through my collection of earrings I sadly realized that I didn't have a single pair to match my new black and white blouse.  Although I often wear black and white, for some odd reason I've never made or purchased a pair of earrings in that neutral combination.  Since many of my outfits have a bit of red with the black and white, I set to work creating a pair to match.  Photographed here are two pairs I whipped up.  Once I had the beads out I decided I might as well make an extra pair.  The top pair has a rounded hook with no latch finding from Sierra Pacific and the bottom pair is a decorated endless hoop from Darice.  The beads were simply strung on fancy head pins and attached to the earring hooks/hoops. If you are new to jewelry making, I suggest that you check out the supplies at Ben Franklin Crafts and start with simple projects like these earrings.  I hope you are enjoying your Memorieal Day weekend and thank you for taking the time to visit.  An extra big 'MAHALO'  to you, if you took the time to leave a sweet comment!

5 comments:

Annette Allen said...

Happy Memorial Day....wow these earrings are so fun..I really love the second pair...just gorgeous...thanks for sharing...

Cheryl said...

Oh my! Love those dangly earrings!!! So pretty!!! I'm sure you are all matching now with your outfit and jewelry. Happy Memorial Day!!!

Creations by Shirl said...

Pretty pairs of earrings Lynn!
Love the designs on them....
Now you are all matched up!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

I think you did a great job on these earrings. The colors would match just about anything. Hope you have a great week.

Joy said...

Really cute earrings, Lynn. I always love that black white and red color combo and the flower designs really make it sweet!