Monday, May 21, 2012

Time for Shopping

It's been awhile since I went on a shopping excursion to Ben Franklin Crafts.  Oh my, I was excited by the goodies that were waiting for me there!  From American Crafts I found a whole range of new 12x12 double-sided papers and paper packs....gorgeously retro!  To go with the papers were lots of embellishments including a wonderful 24 roll package of ribbons for under a $1 per roll!
    
                                   
To match with the colors of their current paper line, American Crafts offers spray bottles of color called Mister Huey's color mists.  I love spraying on color to age my papers to a believable vintage shade. The gold and silver sprays are perfect for adding a metallic shimmer to your paper craft projects.
Just in time for me to create a special wedding card for a favorite relative, I discovered these Jolee's Boutique stickers which look like cake frosting.  They are some sort of soft plastic which I hope will allow me to fabricate an almost-edible wedding cake card....wish me luck. I will post the card if I am successful.
    
From the beading department of Ben Franklin Crafts I eagerly grabbed some inexpensive beaded chains from a new Cousins line of products with a religious cross theme.  Part of this new product line were tumbled gemstones and charming charms.
As you probably already know, animal prints are in fashion.  At BFC they come in many colors and are on everything including organza rolls, hair ornaments, jewelry, ribbon, and even duct tape.  I know all you fashionable crafters will be wearing and crafting with these animal print inspired products. Let your imagination run WILD grrr-rr-rrr!
I had a wonderful time shopping at BFC.  I'm never bored there, always find inspiration for crafting, and can usually find a bargain.  Find your smile at Ben Franklin Crafts.....see you there!




5 comments:

Annette Allen said...

Look at all of those goodies...Im coming to your house...we could craft all day long...Can't wait to see what you create....

Creations by Shirl said...

Looks like somebody is going to be spending alot of time crafting from cards, baking and jewelry making..... Love to see what you create with all those assortments.

donna mikasa said...

Thanks for sharing all these goodies! I didn't know BF carried Mr. Huey's--Yay!

Islander Girl said...

Oooh I need some of Amy's ribbon! Of course you guys carry all those goodies now that I no longer live on the island! LOL! Can't wait to see what you create w/all of them! Aloha!

Cheryl said...

Oh my! You really did go shopping!!! I was in the store today and I didn't see those ribbons. I will check tomorrow while I'm up there. Love the Mr. Huey's!! Great stuff!