Thursday, May 24, 2012

Vintage Graduation Card

As soon as I saw the Art Deco/ Art Nouveau style rubber stamp (http://www.lost-coast-designs.com/)  at ABC Crafts in Osaka, Japan, I knew that it would make a perfect image for a graduation card.  Our niece is a very attractive girl, who has always been somewhat under the shadow of her older brother and sister, so I thought the lovely image and inspirational saying would be ideal on a graduation card for her. After stamping with Memories dark brown ink, the image was colored with Copic pens to look like a hand-colored vintage photo.  The background two-sided printed 12x12 paper is from Graphic 45. The dark brown card blank is an American Crafts product.  To accent the wings on the girl, I applied Stickles over the Copic inks and for added sparkle I glued on three bluish crystals.  I sincerely hope that all 2012 graduates will take to heart the message of this card and 'spread their wings and fly'.  Good luck to all of you!

4 comments:

Annette Allen said...

you are so right...this is the perfect Graduation card. That image is just amazing...The Graduate is going to love it...

Lynn...I need your mailing address..will you please email me it? If you go to my profile there is a link with my email...thank you so much...

Cheryl said...

Awesome art deco card Lynn!!! I wouldn't know where to begin with that stamp. You have the perfect sentiment on the card too.

Creations by Shirl said...

This is adorable Lynn... And I'm sure your niece with keep this filed in her keepsake box too..
So pretty and you did awesome on it..

donna mikasa said...

Hi Lynn! Love your card and the way you colored the image. Very vintage! Great sentiment, too.